Hello commander (cheater and translator)!
When I translated openxcom in 2015 for my personal use, it was necessary to make quick progress, which is very easy with openxcom. But I found manual editing too laborious, so I started to program this savegame editor. However, a few other projects have come to the fore and I postponed the project for a long time. Now in September 2018 I decided to resume the project ...
The code written so far was more advanced than I remembered, but the code was very amateur, so I had to spend some more time to improve it.
The main functions are now completed, so that a publication can take place.
With this savegame-editor you can change many important things in your savegame, such as:
- Available money
- Difficulty level
- Switch from IRONMAN to "normal" gamemodus and vice versa
- Speedup (next) manufacture (the next item will be completed at the next full hour)
- Speedup your researches (all research begun will be completed the next day)
- Speedup your transfers (all transfers / will arrive at the next full hour)
- Remove warning from the council of the funding nations
- Edit the value of your soldier-stats
- Finish buildings
- Repair, refuel and rearm your crafts
- Heel bleeding wounds in battlegame
1) Extract the 'OPENXCOM_Trainer.exe'
2) Start it
3) Choose your language (english or german, but you can translate it too)
4) Choose the path of your 'openxcom.exe'
5) Make your settings
6) Open a savegame
7) Set your options
8) Click the 'apply' - button
9) Save your edited savegame (be sure you activated 'create backup' or use 'save as...')
Version 0.9.0.0 (05.10.2018)
Version 0.9.1.0 (03.03.2019)
- Added changelog
- Added cheatoption 'Set clock to 23:30'
- Added cheatoption 'Heal wounded soldiers'
- Added cheatoption 'Kill all aliens'
- Automatic review and addition of missing translations in the existing GUI-language-files
- NumericUpDown-value adjustment now also possible with right-click and mouse-wheel
- Bugfix: craft is back in base when using cheat 'Repair and refuel crafts, reload craftweapons'
- Bugfix: now handles when craft is flying to waypoint
- Bugfix: if the savegame contains information about killed soldiers, the savegame becomes corrupted.
Version 0.9.1.1 (04.03.2019)
- Partial support for OpenXCom Extended
Version 0.9.1.2 (16.03.2019)
- Enabling command line argument 'reset' for resetting the application settings
- Handling error when setting application icon
Version 0.9.1.3 (10.07.2019)
- Partial support for 'The X-COM FILES'
Version 0.9.3.0 (22.07.2019)
- Rulesets are processed faster
- Background music
- Bugfix: rulesets are now differentiated by XCOM-version
- Bugfix: sometimes used wrong encoding for opening / writing files
- Bugfix: soldiers will no longer be wounded when using the 'train soldiers'-option in battlescape
- Bugfix: player-units will no longer die when using 'kill all aliens'-option when dog or tank is in battlescape
- Bugfix: money is now treated correctly even after already one month is over
- Option 'Speed up researches' will now decrease / increase assigned scientists to '1' at each project
- Some progress in enhanced 'cheat'-mode
Version 0.9.4.0 (29.07.2019) (never released)
- Reload safefile - it's faster, because rulesets will not be reprocessed
- Enhanced 'cheat'-mode: editing crafts is now possible
- Enhanced 'cheat'-mode: editing items is now possible
- Bugfix: rulesets (again) are now differentiated by XCOM-version
Version 0.9.4.1 (05.08.2019) (never released)
- Bugfix: Enhanced 'cheat'-mode: increase to much assigned scientists
- Bugfix: Enhanced 'cheat'-mode: unhandled exception in researches
Version 0.9.5.0 (31.08.2019) (never released)
- Bugfix: Enhanced 'cheat'-mode: index updates are now performed
- Enhanced 'cheat'-mode: editing productions is now possible
Version 0.9.6.0 (05.09.2019) (never released)
- Bugfix: swapping rulesets
- Enhanced 'cheat'-mode: editing personell is now possible
Version 0.9.7.0 (08.10.2019) (never released)
- Enhanced 'cheat'-mode: editing transfers is now possible
Version 0.9.8.0 (09.11.2019)
- Enhanced 'cheat'-mode: editing buildings is now possible
Version 0.9.8.3 (24.11.2019)
- Bugfix: Added some categories for 'The X-Files'
- Bugfix: Enhanced 'cheat'-mode: fixed crashing, when using undetermined armor
- Bugfix: Enhanced 'cheat'-mode: fixed crashing, when maxFuel of craft is unknown
- Bugfix: Set up correct Mods-path
- Code optimized - rulesets are processed a little bit faster
- Added a progressbar to show progress of processing rulesets
- Bugfix: Closing app when app is busy
Version 0.9.8.4 (26.11.2019)
- Processing Rulesets is now fast
Version 0.9.8.5 (14.01.2020)
- Bugfix: Enhanced 'cheat'-mode: fixed calculation of max engineers
- Bugfix: Enhanced 'cheat'-mode: fixed if you have a lot of money
- Bugfix: Enhanced 'cheat'-mode: fixed if psySkill is negative like in 'The X-COM FILES'
- Added some categories for better support for 'The X-COM FILES'
Maybe coming soon:
Version 220.127.116.11 - (xx.xx.202x)
A further development is not planned. Reported bugs will be fixed if possible!
Bugs: --> If you find any bugs, please post it HERE. It would be great if you can provide your savegamefile too!
- If you are using many mods, its possible, that you got problems with the option 'Repair and refuel crafts, reload craftweapons' - meaning that crafts will be assigned the wrong values for maxFuel,maxAmmo, but they will be ready for use.