Hello commander (cheater and translator)!
When I translated openxcom in 2015 for my personal use, it was necessary to make quick progress, which is very easy with openxcom. But I found manual editing too laborious, so I started to program this savegame editor. However, a few other projects have come to the fore and I postponed the project for a long time. Now in September 2018 I decided to resume the project ...
The code written so far was more advanced than I remembered, but the code was very amateur, so I had to spend some more time to improve it.
The main functions are now completed, so that a publication can take place.
With this savegame-editor you can change many important things in your savegame, such as:
- Available money
- Difficulty level
- Switch from IRONMAN to "normal" gamemodus and vice versa
- Speedup (next) manufacture (the next item will be completed at the next full hour)
- Speedup your researches (all research begun will be completed the next day)
- Speedup your transfers (all transfers / will arrive at the next full hour)
- Remove warning from the council of the funding nations
- Edit the value of your soldier-stats
- Finish buildings
- Repair, refuel and rearm your crafts
- Heel bleeding wounds in battlegame
1) Extract the 'OPENXCOM_Trainer.exe'
2) Start it
3) Choose your language (english or german, but you can translate it too)
4) Choose the path of your 'openxcom.exe'
5) Make your settings
6) Open a savegame
7) Set your options
8) Click the 'apply' - button
9) Save your edited savegame (be sure you activated 'create backup' or use 'save as...')
Version 0.9.0.0 (05.10.2018)
Version 0.9.1.0 (03.03.2019)
- Added changelog
- Added cheatoption 'Set clock to 23:30'
- Added cheatoption 'Heal wounded soldiers'
- Added cheatoption 'Kill all aliens'
- Automatic review and addition of missing translations in the existing GUI-language-files
- NumericUpDown-value adjustment now also possible with right-click and mouse-wheel
- Bugfix: craft is back in base when using cheat 'Repair and refuel crafts, reload craftweapons'
- Bugfix: now handles when craft is flying to waypoint
- Bugfix: if the savegame contains information about killed soldiers, the savegame becomes corrupted.
Version 0.9.1.1 (04.03.2019)
- Partial support for OpenXCom Extended
Version 0.9.1.2 (16.03.2019)
- Enabling command line argument 'reset' for resetting the application settings
- Handling error when setting application icon
Maybe coming soon:
Version 18.104.22.168 - (xx.xx.201x)
- Enhanced (cheating) mode (change look, gender, names of your soldiers. Edit the quantity of items in your bases and more)
Bugs: --> If you find any bugs, please post it HERE. It would be great if you can provide your savegamefile too!
- If you are using many mods, its possible, that you got problems with the option 'Repair and refuel crafts, reload craftweapons' - meaning that crafts will be assigned the wrong values for maxFuel,maxAmmo, but they will be ready for use.