This is a JAR I'm developing that allows viewing of sprites & palettes. Editor capability is arriving soon.
From a command / terminal, first change directory to the location of the included jar.
java -jar XCOMImageView.jar $UFO_PATH
Replace $UFO_PATH with the absolute path to your XCOM:UFO Defense or XCOM:Terror From The Deep install folder.
For OXCE consumers this is something like C:\OpenXCOMversions\Extended-7.4.4-d9a6c5b42-2022-01-21-win64\UFO as an example.
Using openjdk17 for development. Adoptium.net
- Palette Selection for both TFTD and UFO.
- Graphics Viewer supports zooming in UI and mouse-wheel while in the Graphics Viewer window.
- Supports most SCR, PCK, SPK, and BDY files.
- Tree View for Palettes and Graphics files/structures.
- Displays per-Graphic palette usage in Palette Viewer.
- Selection of unique Sprites found in PCKs via the XCOM Graphic Selector
- Palette Usage with white border around the index used by the current sprite/graphic.
-Save Feature for Graphics
-Save Feature for Palettes (dangerous, but this could be fun!!!)
-Gradient Preview (to see how the sprites look across 4 light levels available in the current OpenXcom renderer)