"I'll be back"
The war against the machines then entered a dangerous phase: in July 1st, 2027 the resistance attacked Cheyenne Mountain in a gamble to destroy Skynet's Core and end the war by taking out the AI's physical presence. After months of preparation and gathering the necessary forces, the resistance forces were able to overcome the complex's massive defenses but the A.I. had long predicted such a move and had already relocated itself to a currently unknown location prior to the attack.
Although successful in taking the complex despite the heavy casualties, the Resistance's victory become a phyrric one after the battle for the Core was won: Skynet has immediately launched a counter-offensive worldwide to terminate key human units and bases, taking advantage that many of its best assets had been redeployed for the Cheyenne Mountain offensive.
It suddenly became shockingly clear then to the rest of the Resistance leaders that for the past year Skynet deliberately reduced its activities while developing new technologies and preparing to deploy new Terminator units and Hunter-Killer craft, while getting ready for a new counterattack destined to crush the Resistance and drive humanity into extinction, as most of their bases and units were suddenly ambushed by Skynet's forces, including their headquarters, which was destroyed with no survivors.
Only only single man remained between Skynet's victory and humanity's survival: John Connor, who had been the single opposition to the Cheyenne Mountain strike among the Resistance leaders. Under his own initiative he had created an elite unit responsible for researching the machines and their technology in order to defeat Skynet and win the war for human survival.
This unit was known as Tech-Comm.
ALPHA version - expect bugs and crashes.
REQUIRED: OpenXCom Extended
The music files from the Terminator movie soundtracks are now available as a separate mod here: Openxcom.mod.io
Forum thread - Openxcom.org
IDT Discord link - Discord.gg
* New original Tech-Comm base, with dozens of new facilities, both underground and surface.
* New regions/countries
* Hostile Hunter-Killers craft (will seek and engage Resistance craft)
* Enemy bombardments (damage and then destroy base facilities)
* New research system (where you recover rather than discover the techs)
* New manufacture system (to reflect the overall loss of tech after decades of fighting)
* Purchase/buy limited to personnel and basic personal weapons
* Retribution (Terror) missions can generate three types of sites: Protect, Rescue and Escape
* Researching sectors (countries) generate abandoned bases that can be assaulted after they're detected on Geoscape
* Abandoned bases can generate 4 types of missions: Destroy, Recovery, Defense and Extraction, success gives weapons or supplies rewards
* Researching a sector also gives a chance to gain randomly additional resources