This is a Warhammer 40k total conversion for OpenXcom, based on an earlier space marine mod by Ryskeliini. As Force Commander for the Imperium of Man on a planet beseiged by Chaos, you must find a way to end the Warp Storm and purge your world!
By Ryskeliini, bulletdesigner, ohartenstein23, and many contributors from the OXC forums
- Download and install OpenXcom Extended (OXCE) by Meridian and Yankes
- Run OXCE after copying the UFO files to generate the user/mods folder
- Download the 40k files, and unzip into the mods folder
- Run OXCE, go to Options > Mods and select "40k" from the drop-down menu at the top
- (Optional) Check the language setting under Options and set it to "en-US"
- (Optional) Turn on the Stat Strings mod under Options > Mods
- (Optional) Turn on the Chapter Change mod under Options > Mods to change the look of your Space Marines to the Imperial Fists Chapter
- Save any current campaign in the Geoscape. Loading a Battlescape save from a previous version is more likely to cause bugs and crashes, and is not recommended.
- Remove the previous version's 40k folders from your OXCE mods folder.
- Download the new version's files and unzip into the mods folder. Your previous saves should be compatible if made during the Geoscape.
- Big props to Ryskeliini for the space marine stuff and Dixone for the help
- Used a lot of maps from Terrainpack so special thanks to Hobbes also so help on side
Sprites, sounds, maps, ruleset code etc:
- All around thanks to everyone, I used lot of stuff from other mods for reference and change it to 40k universe
- Background images from various internet sources